System 21 supports the use of "Alternate Year End" you may want to consider
should you use conventional System 21 financial reporting.  This is the
easiest.

You can also create a new GL company (GL consolidation) in the proper
structure and consolidate data into it and report against that financial
entity.

Finally, you can always create a new GL/CS company as well.

Things to consider:
An "Alternate Period" could apply possibly to this situation as well.  There
are other calendars to consider: Accounting, Inventory Weekly, Production
and ?Sales Analysis?.

You must consider the impact to your historical ledger balances that are
period based as they (0610 <> 0710) won't equate to one another for
comparison purposes moving forward.  P/L and Retained Earnings will roll
after your YE close - you must consider the impact of this.

Also, Cash, AR and AP maintain individual periods as well.  You would
include these in your 13th period.  You can use Alternate YE to report
against your old methodology (period 1-12).

I always suggest you create a test company to explore the impact to your
ledger and reporting if you choose other than Alternative YE method.  I have
retroactively converted ledgers before to a new method so it is possible but
it is not generally recommended.  You would be best to review this process
with your external auditors prior, as they will have a "field day" with this
one.

Good Luck.