We at NORTH have been using the DRP System for over 6 years.  It is one
of the more stable Applications.
Be sure you set up your Stocking quantities, Order Policy, and Source of
Supply.  We currently have 2- Distribution Centers, supplied by
6-manufacturing locations.

One of our Item setups is like this, where "D3" is the Distribution
Stockroom and SQ is the Dispatching Stockroom of the manufacturing
location:

DR007             A2 - North Safety Products        USER FRED
8/26/05
Distribution Item Master File Maintenance
13:15:09

Item........... 770030M             7700 H/M SILICONE MED
Center/DC...... D3                  Cranston Distr.
                                 Date Last Planned....  8/16/05
Source of Supply... 2     (1=Local, 2=Central)
Planner.........?.. 7006
DRP Forecast....... 3     (0=None, 1=Sales, 2=Stock, 3=Both)
Forecast Error Tolerance% Absolute..    .00
Forecast Profile.?.
Order Policy....... D  (A,B,D,G,H)    Min Order Qty......
                                      OR
Max Order Qty......                   Use Inventory Order Qty...
Fixed Order Qty....     1728.000      (1=Economic Order Qty., 2=Reorder
Qty.)
Mult Order Qty.....
Safety Stock.......    16000.000      Stockroom Details
Days supply........        0          Local Stockroom.......?.. D3
Time fence days....        0          Center................?.. SQ
Safety stock weeks.        0          Central Stockroom.....?.. SQ
Safety stock days..      0

We process the DRP Runs for each of our Networks with the following
options through Auto-Day-Start:

Update DRP Dates
Evaluate DC Demand
Create Requisitions
Create Distribution Orders.

You will find that DRP Does work very well.

When DRP Order lines are created, Do not move the Item lines into the
future, The next DRP run will Re-Create them again.