Jeff,

We have something similar although we are using it for Enterprise Orders in
Style.  We have the same supplier (the supply company) in each of the
demand companies pointing to the same GL, but the demand companies each
have their own AP, PM, OE, etc.  We had a few pgms to change as they were
using the GKL company instead of the AP company and vice versa, but nothing
major.  We have had no issues since we changed it.

Cheers,
John

             "Jeff Klipa"
             <jklipa@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             system21-bounces@                                          cc
             midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [SYSTEM21] Another G/L question
             19/05/2005 20:30          with an A/P twist...

             Please respond to
              System 21 Users
             <system21@midrang
                  e.com>

I did not consider PM in the equation.
I'm almost making sense of what you said...  Just to be clear...
We want multiple PM companies and multiple AP companies all pointing to a
single GL company...

So to illustrate:
______________________________
AP cono     PM cono      GL cono
    07              07             90
    08              08             90
.
.
.
    25              25             90
______________________________
AP and PM will be a one-to-one relationship (they will always be the same
cono).
AP and PM will always point to the same GL (many AP & PM conos to one GL
cono).

We were contemplating a new GL account code structure that places the
source
company number in position 5 & 6 of the GL Account code.

If we maintain these company realtionship rules between the applications
would we be safe in bypassing that safety check in PL015 that tests to see
if the Vendor already exists in the Consolidated GL company when we attempt

to add a vendor in one of the multiple AP companies.

I appreciate your consideration of this question.