   <FONT face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"    size=2>
   John

   Hi, No expert but:&   nbsp;Do you wish to change all of your history to refl
  ect the new chart? If you do then you will probably    need to write some
software to go through the GL chart   , VAT and transaction files (User defined
views as well    if in use) and re map the account code (you will als   o have
to define mapping rules). You will then have    to change feeder ledger
details. If you use AFI / repo   rt writer then this will also need changed for
the new    chart.

   Best time for anything like    this is the quietest time of the year for you
at a    month close so you can be sure of the cutover integrit   y.

   Easiest option is to copy your o   ld GL company to a history company 'xx'
create the new    chart  and and use an opening balance journal t   o startup.
This does not give instant access to history    but avoids many of the
migration issues. Feeder ledgers    etc will still need changing though
   I w   ould not switch off extension codes but no need to use    them.

   Have done this both ways. Co   mplex re-mapping to retain history was hard.
We fell    fowl of 13 period years and poor integrity. Pre req    would be to
rebuild your GL from the start to make    sure it is square before doing
anything else.
   &nbs= p;
   If you can, go for the opening balance journa   l and put the history into
another company code (SQL w   ill do it).

   Good Luck
   &nb= sp;
   Cheers
   Derek
   Office: 01324 677200
   Mobile: 077= 14 012264

5px; BORDER-LEF   T: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">To:
system21@midrange   .com