Chris,

I must agree with you on this point I too believe that keeping
environments separate is the cleanest and easiest thing to do when it come
to an upgrade.

I had this in place at my last employers and had no problems what so ever.
 We actually had several environments, including the blank.
 Unlike here where I've walked into everything going into the standard
environment.  We've been looking at the impact this will cause to upgrade
to Aurora from 3.5.2 SP4 and have decided that when we upgrade the easiest
option (and probably cheapest) is for us to buy a new box and install
Aurora onto it as a Vanilla product and change our business processes
rather than the system processes where possible to come away from as much
of the bespoke work we currently have.  Obviously anything we do need will
go into our 'standard' environment and not the blank.

Regards

Jon

Jon.Wadey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Supercook Website