Greetings, everyone.

The accounting team has asked me to explore whether or not it is feasible
to post to the GL (via AFI) variances to standard landed costs arising
from DRP orders. Basically, these variances would be the differences
between the value calculated from ELCS63 in INP63 (standard landed costs
file) and the value calculated from ELCS07 in PMP07 (item supplier landed
costs file) for corresponding records - i.e., those with the same landed
cost type, item number and stockroom. Naturally, some kind of
cross-reference would have to exist to link the shipping DRP stockroom to
a supplier number.

Anyhow, the solution that has occurred to me is modifying the DRP shipment
confirmation program (OE125), such that it outputs to INP95 and INP96 a
new kind of inventory transaction - an "X" transaction. Then, we configure
AFI to look for such records (where TRAN96 in INP96 is equal to "X") and,
presto: AFI will books the variances, based on the values loaded into
MOVC96 and SELL96. (Obviously, we'd have to test the bejinkies out of the
software before going to production with a modification like this).

My questions to all of you are as follows...
1)      Has anyone ever done something similar (posted variances from
standard landed costs via AFI)? If so, how?
2)      Does my proposed solution make sense? Can you think of a simpler
or better way to post these variances.

As always, many thanks for your feedback. Have a Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year!