From: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Richard_Caldicott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 10:46 AM

To: System 21 Users

Subject: RE: [SYSTEM21] RPG question

What concerns me here is the error that was creating the error report. My guess
is that it is the same one repeated multiple times. Do you know what the error
is and what is the status of UPDNOG on FLP007? You may also wish to consider
consolidating your AFI postings to create fewer FLP008 records per run. The
other issue here is that your invoices have been posted to A/R - rerunning the
AFI portion will mean that you could loose the link between A/R and OE, if you
use it.

If you check everything out and decide to correct the data I would suggest
SQLing the company code on both FLP007 & FLP008 to 'XX' (providing that isn't a
valid company for you) - you can remove these at a later date. You should be
able to access the FLP007 records by session but the FLP008 records probably
need to be accessed with a range of DOCREFs and UPDNOG = 0.

After verifying that the G/L error you got before isn't a problem (or you fix
the issue) and having corrected your AFI rules you can set the print flag on
OEP65 records to 'S' and the GLUP65 to blank. If you then process a dummy
invoice for $1, you should pull through the new extract. This will of course
generate new invoice copies too which you will probably want to discard.

I haven't had chance to double check all these notes so you will want to RUN A
TEST before trying this in live just in case I missed a setting.

Oh, and I'm still concerned about the G/L error....................

Richard Caldicott

Director of Implementations

& Efficiencies

Tandy Brands Accessories

817-548-0090 extn 146

"Thomas, Donna"

<DThomas@wabutler. To: "System 21 Users" <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

com> cc:

Sent by: Subject: RE: [SYSTEM21] RPG question

system21-bounces@m

idrange.com

09/08/2004 09:02

AM

Please respond to

System 21 Users

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had to recover a failed GLUPDATE job?

We update our invoices in GL using AFI, which is driven by posting rules in
FIP45. On 9/7/04, the AFIGLUPDAT job produced a 13,000 page EXCEPTIONS -
DEFAULT ACCOUNT POSTINGS report (FI551PT3). The error message was ' Rule not
found'. We have since determined that the AFI posting rule in our FIP45 records
is no longer on the system because a new newly numbered rule has been made
effective. The FLP008 records were created with the actual account as the GL
account number, but when background job GLUPDATE tried to process those FLP008
records, the program GL161, looped and produced a spool file so large, it
caused a critical storage warning on our system. There are approximately 130,000

FLP008 records that have this problem that haven't been processed by GLUPDATE.

The UPDNOG (Update Number General Ledger) is still 0 for the FLP008 records in
the session, which leads me to believe general ledger accounts have not been
updated with this information. Is that correct?

I'm trying to determine how to recover from this. I am thinking of deleting the
FLP008 and associated FLP007 records for this session and then updating the
FIP45 records to use the correct AFI posting rule, re-running the AFIGLUPDAT
and seeing if the new FLP007 and FLP008 records would process through the
GLUPDATE job. Will this recovery work?

If not, how do I recover this?

We are using version 3.5.0b of System 21, if that matters.

== Donna Thomas

The Butler Company.

==Kevin Brunk
The Butler Company
5600 Blazer Parkway
Dublin, OH 43017-7545
TEL: 614-659-1666
FAX: 614-659-1667

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information transmitted in this message is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this document.  Thank you.
The Butler Company