Hi Mona,

You should create an exact copy of the data queue, especially as the length
of the data is very important. The programs that use these queues expect a
certain length - if the queue is created with a shorter length, you could
lose data (if the programs are not falling over).

There are some ways to find out what the default values should be..

1. Refer to the redbook for the creation of data queues

2. Do a DSPDTAQ on the data queue. if the damaged queue cannot be
referenced, then you could restore a copy of the data queue and do a DSPDTAQ
on the restored object. - Note that this is a System21 command and, it used
to have a issue working on DBCS enabled machines.

3. Dump the object and get the default values from the spool file - you need
to decode/take an educated guess at what is what on the spool file. In order
to know what values are where on the spool file, I used to compare it with a
valid data queue and get an idea.

4. There is an IBM API that can be used to retrieve attributes of a data
queue. This API could be used to perform a 'COPY' function of the data
queue.

Any of the above methods to refere to and create the data queue would give
you peace of mind...  I have used all of the above methods while I've been
with JBA and Geac..

Hope this helps.

Roshan