I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Would you simply be scanning the S/21 item code or would you be scanning
a UPC code that would then need to retrieve the item code form the file?
2. Would any other data need to be scanned?
3. Would a tethered scanner suffice or do you need mobility?

This could be as simple as attaching a basic scanner to a PC and having no
mods, to some medium - large modification of the program.  I'm sure there
are better experts on this subject  than I who can help if you take a
complex route.

Richard

                      Kevin Potter

                      <KPotter@TheCrownG        To:
"'system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      rp.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [SYSTEM21]   Simple
Barcode solution for scanning for production  entry into
                      system21-bounces@m         12 /MKS Item Booking

                      idrange.com

                      06/11/2004 12:14

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      System 21 Users

Does anyone have any info on incorporating bar code scanning with
Production
reporting via 12/MKS (Item Booking).  I am looking primarily at this
application only and not currently looking for a full blown Bar Coding
package. Would want the scan to capture this entry and then make the normal
inventory movements that this entry makes from the Routes & Structures.

Thanks,

Kevin Potter

Kevin Potter
KPotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx