clawson@ambrakeJBAm asked:
"What is the Tag Physical module?"

Good Question...

The library AEGINW351   AutoGroup - Physical Inventory/WIP 3.5.1
was a product of the Automotive Users Group.

The code in this library was designed to enhance the Physical Inventory process in Standard Product.
In addition to the /INS menu they added the /INS2 menu...

Two of the things it did was to consolidate the count for a part when it existed on more than one Inventory Tag Number and further it accommodated WIP inventory counting... These were two features that were lacking in the Standard Product code...

So if you have a /INS2 menu and/or the AEGINW351 library on your system then you have the Inventory Tag Module... This was issued out of the Detroit office for Version 3.5.1 back in the mid-'90s... I'd be surprised if you could find a copy of it today and better yet anyone who could set it up for you... I really like the features it provides...

The Detroit office had committed to supporting those user-group-developed mods as if it was standard code... That worked fine while the Detroit office was still open... I don't know what the status of these mods is in later versions... We're still stuck at V3.5.1... Did it ever make it into standard code...?

Here is a snapshot of /INS2...

INS2 01 - Your Company Name Here User JKLIPA 12/09/03
12:56:31
Inventory Stock Counting Menu

PreProcessing Updates to Count Lists
1. Tag Control Creation 21. Reconciliation Reports with Transfer
2. WIP Stockroom Extraction 22. Reconciliation Reports wo/ Transfer
23. Transfer to Count Sheets wo/ Report
Process Updates to Inventory Balances
5. Tag Entry/Maintenance 24. Update Frozen Balances
25. Update a WIP Stockroom

Reports                              Special Process
10. Tag Batch Listing                30. Tag Creation for Count List
11. Inventory by Plant/Stockroom
12. Inventory by Part Number
13. WIP Inventory Report             80. Inventory Count List Menu
14. WIP Reconciliation               81. Warehousing Count List Menu
15. Held WIP Reconciliation          90. Signoff

 Option
 F3=Exit       F6=Messages        F12=Previous         F14=Submitted Job
 F16=Change Company     F18=Spool Files

----Original Message Follows---- From: clawson@xxxxxxxxxxx Reply-To: System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: RE: [SYSTEM21] JBA - INVENTORY MANAGEMENT : PERIOD END CONTROL Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:21:15 -0500

What is the Tag Physical module?

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year ? six months @$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup