In the accounts receivable processing panel, there is an option 31 cash
allocation.

   Take Option 31,
   Enter accounting code or customer code
Press enter, you would get the following details,

General Ledger account number

S/L control account number

Press enter

   You are required to enter Allocation method,
Take Option 2-items Option

   Now you would be seeing multiple records with all the transactions like
Invoice, credits and some other types.
For e.x

Date Description Value C

201003 IN 1445566 100.00 _

101103 CR 1998877 100.00- _

   I am taking option-1 clear option in the matching invoice and credits. Say
in the above two records.
And press enter

   It will ask for the confirmation F8-Confirm, press F8
   You will reach the first screen again. Now press F3.

At this point it is updating many accounts receivable files like (SLCOMPNY,
SLP20,SLP25, SLP06,SLP10) and General ledger files (FLP001,FLP016)

At this point, there is a batch job called SLGLUPDATE is submitted in batch.
This job inturn submitting GL_UPDATE in batch.

I am in a impression that these are the two jobs that are posting the data from
the accounts receivable to General ledger.

The SLGLUPDATE job is completely doing the process based on SLP75 file. But for
the above case, this file is not updated. Hence there is no processing here. I
just want to confirm whether any thing I am missing here.

But when I actually looked into the programs(SL350, GL029CLP) related to these
jobs for the above scenario and found that there is no processing for the above
example I had given. Does anyone have any knowledge about these jobs for the
above scenario i.e for matching the Invoice and credits(i.e for clear option).
I am doing one development to match the invoice and credits and to process
them.

If anyone have some knowledge on the two jbs SLGLUPDATE and GL_UPDATE, pls let
me know

Regards,

Meena

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Post your profile.