I can't remember specifically, but if you have "Use batch controls?" set to
"1" in your AP company profile, you may want to turn that feature off and
try it again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kincer, Alan [mailto:akincer@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 4:09 PM
To: system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SYSTEM21] AP A/P session recovery "Session is of a different type"

I am using the procedure below to cancel an incomplete AP session (IN type).

I work through all the steps down to number 6 (the accountant believes she
used 11/APP to create the session but is not sure). When I try to F12 >
incomplete session number (around the fifth sentence) I get the message
"Session is of a different type." I tried going in through 13/APP to see if
it would respond differently but no.

It's late in the day and I hope someone can answer what I can do next.

Thanks

Alan

PL - Accounts Payable option 3/APE- Session Inquiry shows sessions with a
status "I"

For any sessions generated from the Accounts Payable Processing Menu, the
following procedures should change the status of a session from "I" -
incomplete to a "P" - processed or "C" - cancelled.

This will not process a Session Type of "PY"- Payments.  Incomplete payments
sessions need to be researched on a case by case basis.

1.       All users should be out of the PL application.

2.       End the PLBACK3 subsystem by executing the menu option 35/APU, F11
- End Subsystem.  Review this menu option to ensure the status displays as
*INACTIVE before continuing.  (All PL subsystems will need to be ended if
multiple environments are being used)

3.       Run Verify Allocations from System Manager to de-allocated any
failed jobs.  STROM400, 5,7,4

4.       Execute 33/APU for every "I" - incomplete session.  Users will be
prompted to the company and the session number to process this option.

5.       Start the PLBACK3 subsystem by executing the menu option 35/APU,
F10- Star Subsystem from the environment where the status "I" exist.

6.       For every session where the status is "I" - incomplete, re-enter
the menu option from /APP that generated the incomplete session.  Taking the
option will display the normal posting entry screen.  At this point, do not
enter data on the screen, rather select the F12- Previous key.  This will
display a screen which will prompt the user to enter a previous session
number.  Enter the session number of the incomplete session.  Upon hitting
enter, the normal processing screens should appear for this session.  The
user can then select F8 to Process the transactions or F23/F13 to cancel.
Typical recommendations is to cancel the session and reenter the batch.  If
the user wishes to process the session, recommend that the DO NOT enter
further transactions into the session and that once it is processed, the
user reconcile the PL activity to the GL activity.  If there is an out of
balance condition a manual journal entry will need to be made in GL.  (1GLP
or 35/GLU).

7.       Review 3/APE - Session Inquiry, the sessions with the status "I"
should now have a status of "P".  Processed.  Allow the subsystem a minute
or two to process transactions.

=== [ KI (USA) Corporation - http://www.kiusa.com ]
======================================
Tel. 859.986.1420  --  Fax. 859.986.1485
This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information from KI (USA)
Corporation that may be confidential or privileged. Mail is intended only
for those to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient do
not copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this
message.
If you have received this e-mail in error notify the sender immediately then
delete or destroy all electronic and hard copies of this communication,
including attachments.
KI (USA) Corporation's anti-virus system checks for known viruses. However
you are advised to run your own virus check before opening any attachments
received. KI (USA) Corporation will not accept any liability once an e-mail
and/or any attachment is received.
Views expressed in the e-mail are those of the author and not necessarily
those of KI (USA) Corporation.