From:   Jeff Klipa [mailto:jklipa@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Friday, May 23, 2003 11:00 AM
To:     system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [SYSTEM21]   IBM Client Access Express Plug-in...

We're deploying some new PCs with WinXP Pro and Office XP...
We're using Client Access Express at V5R1M0...
We've noticed that the plug-in to Excel does not appear with the above
configuration...

There is an option to Import External Data, but I have to set the users JOBD

with the correct library list or something because it connects to the AS/400

just fine but only displays some handful of system library names...  I'm not

sure but it's too kludge for our users to adapt to...

This means the download/upload will have to be done in two steps...  Do the
normal CA upload or download from/to the pc file then for a download open
the .txt file in Excel and define the columns etc. to get it into the
spreadsheet...

Has anyone else experienced this problem and has anyone found any plug-ins
for the above config to get that file transfer button back on the tool bar
in Excel 2002(Office XP)...?

I know this is slightly off-topic so I hope you will excuse the
infraction...

Thanks.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Steve Dodkins <Steve.Dodkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just a thought, but if you load IBM client access after loading excel the
extra icon appears within excel for the download options is this the same?

Regards

Steve Dodkins