From:   Dan Thomas [SMTP:dthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Friday, April 04, 2003 4:19 PM
To:     'jbausers-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject:        [SYS21] Reporting tools

The recent messages about Objects made me wonder about user preferences of
Objects, Crystal Reports, MS Access, etc. as a reporting tool.  We bought
Objects in 1997 and used it for a few years, but strictly use MS Access
now.
>From a developer's perspective, I find Access easy to use and we get
pretty
decent performance.   Access is widely used and you can go to any bookstore
and find looks of educational materials.  Other than the pre-built data
dictionary that is available for Objects, anyone have reasons why they use
it instead of Access (or anything else)?

Dan Thomas
Director of Information Technology
MDI
4500 Progress Blvd