At Williams Controls we are measuring delivery performance on a daily basis
using a set of queries which I created. We also measure Inventory accuracy
once a year when we perform a stock count. I am currently developing some
programs which will measure delivery performance more accurately than from
the queries. This is made more complicated for us because we also use
advanced customer scheduling and advanced shipping as well as using advanced
order entry.

This is how I am planning to get the performance data.
1) At the beginning of the week, extract all orders and customer schedules
due to be delivered for that week.
2) At the end of each day, extract the order changes for that day and update
the weekly schedule.
3) At the end of each day, extract shipments using journal changes on ACP04
and OEP70. From this information write data to a file for all shipments that
were due to be shipped in that week. For each part and customer I will write
out a record which will show if it was shipped early, on time or late. I
will also write records to another file which will report everything that
was shipped and the number of days late the shipment is. At the end of the
week I will export the data to Excel and create bar charts and pie charts.

I agree that System 21 does not provide much help in this area. Maybe the
KPI fastpack will help.

We are unable to check delivery performance from our suppliers because we
use blanket purchase orders, so we tend to look at the parts we were unable
to ship on time and find out what purchase parts we were waiting for.

Phil.