Not strictly on topic I know but there may be some expertise out there.

I am using CA v5.1 with latest service pack, having added the data transfer
add-in to excel I have started to use this and I am having problems.

1/ On first use the spreadsheet window hangs and has to be terminated using
task manager. on second use it runs fine, on third use and subsequent alternate
usages it hangs. This pattern is maintained irrespective of use of the Excel or
CA desktop interfaces.

2/ Although it quite easy to compose, save and run a query when one opens the
query again in spreadsheet it runs immediately without giving the opportunity
to amend it. A work around it to open it in the CA interface, amend it, save it
and then run it again in Excel. Question: is there a way to open the
compose/amend dialogue in a spreadsheet without the query running?

3/ Even though the user has a CA session open the prompt for username and
password crops up every time you open or run the query. Question: is there a
way to avoid this?

The first point is clearly the most irritating, have you experienced any of
these problems and can you advise me?

Mike Newton
Logistics Director

mailto:mike.newton@britax-pmg.com
http://www.britax-pmg.com/

Phone: +44 1262 670161 ext 6040  -  Direct Dial +44 1262 426040  -  Fax  : +44
1262 605666

Britax PMG Limited
Bessingby Industrial Estate
Bridlington
East Yorkshire
YO16 4SJ

Registered in England & Wales Company registration no. 406476 This E-Mail is
intended for the persons named only. It may contain private and confidential
information. If this has come to you in error you must take no action based on
it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone. Please delete this item from your
computer.