The following was sent to me privately from someone on the inside...
I'm assuming that since they are forbidden to post to the list they wanted me to
forward this on to you all...
I'm not sure if this works on both Server Sessions and blueberries or just
gui...
I'm sure this came from documentation we all have access to...  The example help
bunches...

Thanks...

Naming your System 21 Explorer sessions
System 21 Explorer is capable of being configured to have your devices named

with your naming preferences rather that the iSeries system generated QPADEV00xx
names.
The device name is configured using the Device= setting in the [JBAS21DEFAULTS]
section of the initialization file. This can be a name of up to 8 characters or
set to '1' to use the computer name (Win32 only).
To make each device name unique we append two characters.  The first is a user
defined character which can be set using the DeviceIDLetter= or, by default, a N
will be used.  The second is the session number. If this is greater than 9 then
it is substituted with a letter, starting with A.

i.e.  If the Device=PCJOHN and DeviceIDLetter=Z the device name for session 1
will be PCJOHNZ1.

If you would like to take utilize this feature, then do the following:

1) Open your System 21 initialization file with a simple text editor such as MS
Notepad.
The initialization file default is typically C:\Program
Files\JBASys21\jbasmg.ini

2) Locate the [JBAS21DEFAULTS] section in the initialization file.

3) Check to see if there already is a line with Device= and/or DeviceIDLetter=.
If there is a line then change that line, otherwise add a new line in the
[JBAS21DEFAULTS] section.
Note that comments can be added with ";" at the front of the line

Example (the following section of the jbasmg.ini file has had lines removed for
this example):

[JBAS21DEFAULTS]
;
; JBA System 21 Explorer INI file - VERSION 3.5 & later...
;
; **********************************************************
; START OF MANUAL UPDATE ONLY AREA...
; **********************************************************