We didn't go to the conference but I did receive the press release below
from GEAC. You may have already seen it but I thought the comment about
being "highly committed to meeting our customers' product, service and
support needs" was quite interesting in light of recent discussions on this
list. :)
--
___________________
Gary Pooley

System Three Technology Ltd
Tel:  01553 636792
Fax:  01553 636414

o  GEAC(R) ALLIANCE2002 ADDRESSED BUSINESS OPTIMIZATION AND IMPROVEMENT
SOLUTIONS

o  Keynote Presentations by Geac and IBM(R) Executives, Product Breakout
Sessions and Motivational Speakers Address Critical Factors for Customer
Success

Orlando, FL - June 5, 2002 - Geac Enterprise Solutions(TM), a division of
Geac Computer Corporation Limited (TSX: GAC), and a leading provider of
Web-enabled enterprise resource planning (ERP) software applications, today
announced the successful completion of its ALLIANCE2002 worldwide user
conference, held at Walt Disney World's Swan and Dolphin Resort. More than
700 global customers attended the company's eighth annual user conference to
collaborate with Geac(R) executives, partners and other customers, learn how
to maximize their existing IT investments, and discuss future product
strategy and direction.

"We were pleased to see so many of our customers learning and collaborating
at this year's event and we look forward to working closely with them in the
coming months as we continue to deliver on our growth strategy," said Paul
D. Birch, President and CEO, Geac. "We are highly committed to meeting our
customers' product, service and support needs and our goal is to
aggressively expand into new markets with innovative technologies that
provide value to Geac customers."

Demonstrating this commitment in his keynote address, Mr. Birch announced
Geac's newest partnership with Extensity, Inc. focused on providing Geac's
global customers with increased travel and expense and time capture
functionality. (See related news release "Geac and Extensity, Inc. Sign
Strategic Alliance," June 3, 2002, http://www.geac.com) Extensity provides
new and existing customers with the means to extend back-office investments
to online applications for travel planning, expense reporting and time
capture.

Other featured speakers at ALLIANCE2002 included Doug Ring, Vice President
eBusiness and Technology at Geac Enterprise Solutions and Rich Lechner, Vice
President Sales and Marketing for enterprise servers at IBM.

Mr. Ring's presentation focused on a number of strategic product and
technology initiatives regarding integration and interoperability. He
highlighted the benefits of Geac's use of industry-standard technologies
such as J2EE, XML and Web Services. "These technologies are allowing us to
expand our offerings through rapid integration of products developed,
partnered or acquired," he stated.

IBM's Lechner highlighted the components of Geac's long-standing
relationship with IBM, noting the strategic affinities between the two
companies. "Over their 30-year relationship, Geac and IBM have worked
together to provide more than 4,500 customers across all industries with
innovative technology solutions and services that optimize their business
processes," said Mr. Lechner.

ALLIANCE2002 also featured more than 300 breakout sessions where E Series, M
Series, SmartStream(R), System21(TM) and TotalHR(TM) customers could focus
on specific features and functionality of their solutions. Geac customers in
attendance at ALLIANCE2002 included ABN AMRO NA, Government of the Turks and
Caicos Islands, International Truck and Engine, Lee Memorial Health Systems,
Province of South Holland and Toshiba Machine Co., America.