We would like to convert from using production orders to schedules and have been
trying to find our way to that end.
So far we have not been successful.  I don't seem to be getting anything useful.

Has any one else done this, or have any clues as to what schedules are or do?
Are the released schedules stored in a file somewhere?  Are there set-up issues
I am missing.  The only thing I have changed so far is the field SCHC04
(Schedule or lot control  flag) to '1'  in MSP04.  That seems to be a
requirement if you want to report production by 12/MKS (Item Booking)

I currently use MSP40 (which is added to,  when orders are released in MRP and
MPS) to run some reports and automatically print the manufacturing labels needed
by the shop based on the work orders.

I would  like to no longer release and print work orders, but replace that
process by releasing schedules through MRP and MPS, and then get  a printed list
by work center of the schedules, and then print the required number of labels to
meet that schedule in a similar manner that I now do it with work orders.

Larry Briggs
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Unipres U.S.A. Inc
lbriggs@unipres.com