dspfld ipgamf4/apg02phy
Will show you the file you would want to interrogate to determine the CURRENT
failed jobs that users submitted...
This file contains a record for EVERY task request the users make in JBA...
dspfld ipgamf4/apg02arc
Will show the archived copy of the same file...  This file is a multi-member
file.

Hopefully you are running the AMDAYEND command as part of your night job, if so,
then any APG02PHY records are "DEALLOCATED" and archived at that time...
This job will create a new member in the file APG02ARC every time it runs...
The member name is 'X' + the 6-digit date when it was created...
These members can accumulate quickly so consideration should be given to how
much of this data to retain...
Accordingly regularly scheduled housekeeping should include removal of old
members from this file...
If you are not running the AMDAYEND routine, then your APG02PHY file will
contain history of EVERY task that has ever been run by the users on this box
from the day JBA was installed...  I encourage you to add the AMDAYEND command
to your Night Job...  Also the AMDAYEND routine issues a call to XA705 which
actually runs the "DEALLOCATION" routine - XA705 can also be called at any time
during the day, from the command line, to remove any bogus exclusivity locks you
might encounter.

Field       Size   Typ Description
TMOF02         6  0 P  Time Request Finished  - This field will be all 9's if
the job is active or has ended abnormally and is not "DEALLOCATED"...
If the job finishes normally the field will be appropriately time-stamped...

To inquire the APG02PHY file and see the currently active jobs on the system try
this command and subsequent menu options.
STRIPGAM
5. Operational Enquiries
2. Active Jobs
Select each entry with a 1 and press enter...
If you see this message on any of the records then you know you've found one
that is no longer active on OS/400 but was not "DEALLOCATED" normally according
to Application Manager...  i.e. The job ended abnormally...

          THIS JOB HAS FINISHED WITHOUT DE-ALLOCATION
 THIS IS BECAUSE THE JOB HAS BEEN CANCELLED WHILST ON JOBQ OR ACTIVE

              DE-ALLOCATION (F13) IS RECOMMENDED

You can issue a call to XA705 from the command line to "DEALLOCATE" all jobs or
F13 to "DEALLOCATE" just this one...
The following command and menu options perform the call to XA705 with a splash
verification screen inserted using XA705CLP...
STRIPGAM
7. Utilities
4. Verify Allocations

Running XA705 is ALWAYS a safe thing to do, and is the way to deallocate bogus
exclusivity locks.

A field in the file called MODE02         1    A  Mode of Function -  will be
marked with an 'X' when it is Deallocated in this way...  Also the TMOF02 field
will be updated with the time of the deallocation...

To see a list of the archived members you currently have on the system try this
command and subsequent menu options.
STRIPGAM
5. Operational Enquiries
3. Job History
2. Archived Jobs

This will present you with a list of all members in the file APG02ARC...
>From there you can inquire within a specific member for any jobs that did not
deallocate normally, i.e. Use Query and select field MODE02 = 'X'

  Inquire on Archived Request History
  1=Inquiry              2=Flexible inquiry
  3=Delete member        4=Delete member in batch
  5=Create access path   6=Create access path in batch  7=Delete access path
  Type options,  press Enter
        Archive      Creation   Access                  Date       Date
  Opt   Member         Date      Path   No of entries   From       To
        X010101       1/01/01                     248   12/31/00   01/01/01
        X010103       1/03/01                   2,875   01/01/01   01/03/01
        X010104       1/04/01                   2,769   01/03/01   01/04/01
        X010105       1/05/01                   2,644   01/04/01   01/05/01
        X010106       1/06/01                   2,380   01/05/01   01/06/01
        X010107       1/07/01                     104   01/06/01   01/07/01
        X010108       1/08/01                     137   01/07/01   01/08/01
        X010109       1/09/01                   2,791   01/08/01   01/09/01
        X010110       1/10/01                   2,584   01/09/01   01/10/01
        X010111       1/11/01                   2,493   01/10/01   01/11/01
        X010112       1/12/01                   2,276   01/11/01   01/12/01
        X010113       1/13/01                   2,098   01/12/01   01/13/01

  F3=Exit   F11=Delete all members in batch

I can see that I have some houskeeping to do myself...
Anything this old can be of no use and is only taking up space...

Hope that helps...

"Brunk, Kevin" <kevin.brunk@wabutler.com> on 01/30/2002 11:41:21 AM

Please respond to jbausers-l@midrange.com

  To:          "'jbausers-l@midrange.com'"
               <jbausers-l@midrange.com>

  cc:          (bcc: Jeff Klipa/Harvard)

  Subject      JBA ML - Listing of failed JBA jobs.
  :

We're working on a project to create a "master" schedule of jobs that run on
our AS/400.  Once we have this master schedule developed, we'd like our
operations staff to daily log against it the completion times of jobs as
well as the status of the completion (abend or completed normally).  I've
noticed that JBA jobs always seem to end normally, from an AS/400 viewpoint,
because XA901CLP seems to detect abends and performs a dump and then ends
normally.  I know that jobs run from the JBA scheduler are upated with a run
status and that we can tell which scheduled jobs ended abnormally.  Is there
a way I can similarly determine if user submitted jobs ended abnormally?
Does XA901CLP store the start and stop and run status information of all
jobs in some sort of history file that could be queried?

Ideally, we want our morning operator to run a system status report that
would list the failed jobs.

==Kevin Brunk
Manager, Business Systems Development