Thanks Mike.
      We also set the overdue days at 180 for DRP and MPS. I have an item
with a Purchase Order due on January 07, 2002 and demand due on January 15,
2002. On January 14th DRP ran and ignored the current Purchase Order and
created a requisition for a new purchase.  I have another item that has a
Purchase Order due on December 26, 2001 and demand due to ship at the end
of January 2002. I am currently below my safety stock. The planner action
report doesn't tell me to do anything with that item. It did tell me to
expedite the purchase order before the PO due date, but after the PO due
date it was completely gone.

Thank you,
Kevin Matter
General Fasteners Co.
IS Department
P - 734-452-4486
F - 734-524-5098

                    "Mike Newton"
                    <Mike.Newton@britax        To:     <jbausers-l@midrange.com>
                    -pmg.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     JBA ML - DRP/MPS
and past due Purchase Orders
                    jbausers-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    01/16/02 01:41 PM
                    Please respond to
                    jbausers-l

I fell foul of this one on 3.5.2 SP3. MRP does not attempt to replan past
due P/O's the argument being that if you have let it go overdue then you
must need it, the result is that, even if you demand has scheduled out, the
past due P/O just sits there. That is of course if your MRP start date is
before the P/O due date, if not it is totally ignored and, if there is
still demand, MRP will recommend a new P/O!

So the trick is to keep all P/O due dates realistic and updated.

MRP start date is controlled by the Overdue Days parameter on the Run MRP
screen

See following extract from Infobase

"Overdue Days
Enter the number of days of overdue supply and demand that
you wish the MRP to consider. This number of days is
subtracted from the current date to give the MRP start date. All
supplies and demand due on or after this date is extracted."

So the Overdue days number must be big enough to cover all past due p/o due
dates or they will be ignored. We run at 180 but that's another story!

Hope this helps

Mike Newton
Logistics Director (Designate)

mailto:mike.newton@britax-pmg.com
http://www.britax-pmg.com/

Phone: +44 1262 670161 ext 6040  -  Direct Dial +44 1262 426040  -  Fax  :
+44 1262 605666

Britax PMG Limited
Bessingby Industrial Estate
Bridlington
East Yorkshire
YO16 4SJ

Registered in England & Wales Company registration no. 406476 This E-Mail
is intended for the persons named only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must take no
action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone. Please delete
this item from your computer.