Hi all,

I was ust wondering if anyone has upgraded their OS to V5R1, and if so did
they encounter any problems afterwards ?
We have just upgraded one site which was on V4R2, we took it up to V4R5 and
then to V5R1, all seemed to go okay untill Tuesday (upgraded last weekend),
then we noticed that when trying to ammend any purchase orders the programme
PM082 was dumping with a message that the member ORDLINS had failed. the
message was CPF5257 which is a little vague to say the least, this was
happening in 2 of our 9 environments and on the same filename which was
strange, 7 environments were okay!
After checking the history log for the upgrade night, we found that
QSYSARB(which creates access paths) was damaged, what had then happened was
that any remaining access paths were journaled.
We performed an IPL and this seemed to correct the problem, but yesterday
the same programme was dumping in one of the previously good environments
with the exact same message.
We have now discovered that it is not a system-21 problem directly, it
appears to be a problem with OS/400 V5R1 and access path sizes,
For example, PMP03 has an ACCPTHSIZ of 4GB, so does each of it's logicals,
but if you sum up the total of all the logical sizes and depending on the
size of PMP03 (usualy large in our case) then this exceeds the 4GB and the
error occurs.
At first we thought it was a problem with S-21, but when we used DFU to
change any of the records then it dumped as well.
We had over 1,200 files and logicals which had this problem across all 9 of
our companies, primaraly it was the PMP03, FLP008, INP95 and INP96 files
with their logicals which were causing the problem.
The 'workaround' we have been given is to either reorganise the files
libraries - but this will only work by reducing the sizes depending on the
number of deleted records, or to change the accesspath size on the Physicals
And logicals for any journaled accesspaths you might have on the system, it
affects any file on the AS/400 not just S-21.
It's just something to be aware of, it may only be ourselves who suffer this
due to the Qsysarb problem, but nontheless i thought it was worth a mention
and also to see if anyone else had similar or other problems.

Take care.

CD.

at http://archive.midrange.com/jbausers-l.