Information Sheet:
Date : 07/08/99 Version : June 1999 Number : 314 Issue : 1.0
Tools Command Set in Common Functions
"...The contents of file ICF03PHY in IPGCFF4 can then be queried over to
save
off the actual usage at that time. This can be monitored over a period of
time to assess whether or not the current license limit is sufficient or
needs review."
In my humble opinion - this leaves a great deal to be desired in terms of a
useful tool...
Knowing how many seats you're using is a really important piece of
information considering how much you are paying for each seat...!!!  How
else can you effectively gague how many seats you truly NEED...

The Verify Allocations is a program call to XA705CLP...
You can run it anywhere from a command line inside JBA by simply typing :
CALL    XA705CLP

And if you want to bypass the upfront warning message splash screen then
simply type :  CALL  XA705  and leave off the CLP...  This will Verify the
Allocations that are stored in APG02PHY by scanning the system for any jobs
that still have an end time stamp of all 9's...

You see, any time you start a job in JBA an allocation record is written to
APG02PHY which allows the Application Manager to effectively enforce it's
exclusivity rules as defined within the Task definitions...  The initial
record is time stamped with the beginning date and time and an end time of
all 9's.  Any record that has all 9's in the end-time will be considered as
active and be displayed is the Active Jobs list under Operational Inquiries
in Application Manager.

Closer inspection of all of the jobs listed there (place a '1' next to all
of them and press enter through the list) will periodically show a job that
has terminated without deallocating properly...  Giving you this
message...:
         THIS JOB HAS FINISHED WITHOUT DE-ALLOCATION
THIS IS BECAUSE THE JOB HAS BEEN CANCELED WHILE ON JOBQ OR ACTIVE

             DE-ALLOCATION (F13) IS RECOMMENDED

You can press F13 at this point and clear that one record by placing the
current time in the field TMOF02 in file APG02PHY in library IPGAMF4...  Or
you could use the Verify Allocations option under Utilities in Application
Manager (same as issuing a - CALL  XA705) and clear all of the bogus
exclusivity locks from APG02PHY at one time...

For over 2 years, up until I loaded the 3.5.2B-SP3 PTFs for Application
Manager, I was able to run CLNUSRALC quite happily in my night job from
Machine Manager (I was at v3.5.1)...  I can no longer run CLNUSRALC either
in my night job or from a command line outside of application manager.  It
fails with a decimal data error message from program XA999...  I believe
the LDA is not being loaded properly but I have no proof and cannot debug
it myself due to a lack of source...

I hope this helps clear up this confusing issue...

bcloss@pfda.com on 01/02/2001 06:01:11 PM

Please respond to JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com