Hi  I know this is an old problem and I hope you have managed to resolve
it...

My problem with this was when we purged our data then some of the AL records
in PLP20 were taken into the purge library with the corrosponding IN
record...   this caused the balance problem which the rebuild did not fix
I had to write a fix program to pull back the AL records and then rebuild
Hope this helps
Avryl

"The content of this e-mail message and all attachments thereto ("this
message") does not necessarily reflect the views of Fraser Alexander Group
of Companies (FAGC). Before acting on the contents thereof, the recipient
should verify that the originator has the appropriate delegated authority.
In the event that this message has not been appropriately authorised in
terms of FAGC delegation of authority, or in the event of the personal usage
of FAGC 's e-mail facility, FAGC will not be liable for the contents of the
message.