  • Subject: Re: IPGCFP4/@CPISYS - The plot thickens...
  • From: "Bruce Stern" <sternb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:32:46 -0500

We reviewed this issue some years ago.  It appears that this indeed is a
holdover from IPG related programming, and there is still a lot of that in
place. I agree that these files can be periodically cleaned out as they are
used to provide a place to pass parameters among IPG source programs and use
the job number as the reference point to assure that the specific user's
session or batch is the one being tracked as an activity goes from program
to program.

The @CPIU files are application specific and generally contain key fields
from logical files accessed by the application. These are filled in as
appropriate prior to a call to another program which then retrieves the data
from this file.

Best,

Bruce Stern
sternb@home.com