  • Subject: Re: re(2): Cross-Version Integration
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:59:26 EST

Barry,

In a message dated 11/1/00 8:53:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
barry_c@quorum-sys.co.uk writes:

<<snip>>
> I would suggest first checking the environment that V2 is defined for, then
> do the same for V3.  (After selecting a V2 task have a look at the LDA (pos
> 141-143).  I suspect these will be different.

No, they are the same.  We are on a development system with both development
and QA environments active with the same three-character identifier.  I've
searched the entire DASD for versions of STRM400 in different libraries --
there aren't any other than the one that won't work for V3.

>  You should then be able to look at menus in each of these environents (
> regardless of which environment you are signed on as) and like wise you
> should be able to maintain menus that refer to tasks in both versions (
> remember library lists are set at an application (version) level so as long
> as you point the menu to the right task everything else should work ok.

As I said, works fine for V2 menus, goes into *ADD mode for those in V3.

>  As I have said this is not difficult to accomplish.

You wouldn't think so, but it seems to be.

>  Let me know if you require any further information.  (or if I have picked
> things up wrongly)

If you've got more than this, I'll be glad to hear it.

Regards,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy.
 What am I doing wrong?" -- Charles M. Schulz