  • Subject: RE: Vendor scheduling
  • From: "Michele Mitchell" <mmitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:38:20 -0500

The problem with our Vendor schedule print is that we forecast overseas
materials 4 months out.
We are not using any modifications (as in automotive user group mods).
On the VS company profile we have set period 1 (Firm) as days, period 2
(Forecast 1) as weeks and period 3 (Forecast 2) as weeks.
On local materials we use 40, 70, 100, as our period settings (contract
item maintenance).
However, on our overseas materials, our first period (firm) is 80 days,
then 105 and then 135,  which results in a print out that requires more
than one page to print all of the orders/forecast buckets.
Currently the print just stops where ever it runs out of room (usually
right at the beginning of Forecast 1 information).
Because most of our materials are ordered on a daily basis (Just In Time)
we must keep our firm period in daily increments.
I know someone out there can help us out.
Any and all suggestions and/or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michele Mitchell
Ambrake Corporation
Elizabethtown, KY

     Yes, we make Brakes!     Supplier to: Delphi, Honda, Toyota,
Mitsubishi, Subaru/Isuzu

                    "Muir, Betsy"

                    <BMuir@newcor.com>         To:
"'JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com'"
                    Sent by:                   <JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com>

                    owner-jbausers-l@mi        cc:

                    drange.com                 Subject:     RE: Vendor
scheduleing

                    10/25/00 04:28 PM

                    Please respond to

                    JBAUSERS-L

Margaret:

You need to check the print file setup.  We had the same problem when using
the portrait layout/single page print file.  This is our current print file
definition:

Change Printer File (CHGPRTF)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 File . . . . . . . . . . . . . . > VS310PT       Name, generic*, *ALL

Device:

   Printer  . . . . . . . . . . .   *JOB          Name, *SAME, *JOB,
*SYSVAL

 Printer device type  . . . . . .   *SCS          *SAME, *SCS, *IPDS,
*LINE...
 Page size:

   Length--lines per page . . . .   66            .001-255.000, *SAME

   Width--positions per line  . .   132           .001-378.000, *SAME

   Measurement method . . . . . .   *ROWCOL       *SAME, *ROWCOL, *UOM

 Lines per inch . . . . . . . . .   6             *SAME, 6, 3, 4, 7.5,
7,5...
 Characters per inch  . . . . . .   10            *SAME, 10, 5, 12, 13.3,
13...
 Overflow line number . . . . . .   65            1-255, *SAME

 Record format level check  . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO

 Text 'description' . . . . . . .   'Single schedule per page(Portrait -
days)'
Bottom
 F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F5=Refresh   F10=Additional parameters   F12=Cancel

 F13=How to use this display        F24=More keys

Check your overflow line.  Hope this helps,

Betsy Muir
Newcor, Inc.