Hello everyone,

We spend all of our focus and energies creating and operating live
companies as a going concern but what steps do we need to take to
decommission a now defunct company...?

We have several plants that are defined as separate companies in JBA and
that consolidate to our 'HI' company for Corporate G/L reporting...
Several of those plants are now closed and have no activity for them in
JBA...  We caused a problem for ourselves and now we need to figure a way
out of the mess...

We discontinued consolidating companies 02, 21, and 27, because these
plants were shutdown and there was no activity in the GL. The problem is
since we did not consolidate and closed the periods, JBA will not allow a
consolidation in the current period because it was not done for prior
periods. This means if we post anything to a closed company we need to post
the same entry to 'HI' as the consolidation entry. We don't want to mess
around with the consolidation setup at this point but is there a way this
can be fixed...?

Also, as we discussed, after the year end close is there a way to avoid
closing these companies in all applications (AR, AP, GL, CM, IN) going
forward.  We talked about pointing them to a new/different consolidation
company, which may be a feasible solution, but we may need their financials
to still roll up into the Corporate reports. Can both be accommodated?

Thank you.