  • Subject: Web Extension for System 21 Drinks
  • From: Jeff Holzman <Holzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:33:27 -0400

My name is Jeff Holzman.  I am from LANSA Inc., in New Jersey.

This is an interesting story on Web Extending System 21 Drinks.
Further details follow.

If anyone in the JBA community is interested in extending JBA for
ebusiness, like these folks have, please email me.  We are the worldwide
leader in AS/400 based ebusiness.    We are the winner of IBM's "Powered
by AS/400e Award", as the top AS/400e firm in the world.

The URL for this story is:
http://www.lansa.com/Stories/s_provis.htm

Further Case Studies Are Found At:
http://www.lansa.com/Stories/CSEBZFront.htm

The details of this system are:
The ProWEB s main functions are
customer order inquiry and customer order entry. The real- time
product catalogue (with rabat and discounts for actual customer
or dealer) is also available. Orders are automatically validated and
updated to the System21 database.

Other functions are:
 - detailed information about products
 - search in catalog
 - registration of  authorized users
 - accounts receivable inquiry
 - stock product inquiry
 - booking in the store
 - stopping order
 - copy an old order as new one (old id and quantity of products
with new actual price)

 - security (using  SSL and other LANSA and OS/400 features)
 - administration part of the application (for administrator)  and so
on.

 ProWEB can be multilingual.

 Required configuration:
 License LANSA for the Web 8.0 and latest
 AS/400 RISC
 OS/400 V4R4 (min.V4R2)
 System 21 Drinks V3.5.1

Before installation of ProWEB it is necessary to specify graphic
design and other possible functions. How much work would this
be? From 2 days to 1 month depending on number of changes
because of customer specific needs.

This software is designed for System 21 Drinks but there is the
possibility to alter it for standard System 21.