  • Subject: Re: FW: JBA Allocations - Existing Documentation Part 1
  • From: bmcintyre@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:51:51 -0500

Here is the first response from Tracey Dutton, who is in the Customer
Service Development Organization.

Bruce

The Inventory Descriptions file is a much used method of tailoring system
function -  each descriptions file entry has multiple attributes which
originally were named Parameter Limit, Rate, P/V and VAT Code.  As time has
gone by and the software has become more complicated the above fields are
now used to denote different things in different descriptions file types.
A complete list of descriptions entries and if the Limit/Rate/VAT flags
have special properties may be obtained by looking in the current Infobase.

The VAT code field was unused in the SUSP major type until 1995 when your
Customers function was introduced.....

The relevant point from the MOP at the time is below....

                       Business Information Database
                     Product Support Information Sheet

       Date : 05/18/95    Version : 3    Number : 16    Issue : 1.1

                             Distribution Version 3
                       Order Suspension Code Issues

5.   Batch/automatic allocation should ALWAYS be prohibited for orders
     which have litigation or stop (CT/HT/CS/HS) suspend codes. For all
     other codes, allocation should be prohibited unless the VAT Code on
     the Descriptions file is set to 1 or 2 for that suspend code.

     AO Amend will automatically allocate/deallocate where appropriate when
     suspend codes have been removed/added.

     OE Amend (Conversational and Transcriptional) will not automatically
     allocate/deallocate. However, the user should remember to check
     allocation when they see the Suspension Change message. NB.. The Help
     for the message panel should state that allocation may need to be
     reviewed.

pic08947.pcx