  • Subject: Re: GEAC providing Source Code - for a price...
  • From: "Marilyn Jull" <fcsltd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 11:57:14 EDT

As a Canadian working in the US (and no, I am not an H1B!!!!) I find
it appalling that Geac has the audacity to charge outrageous hourly
fees (in US dollars no less) for services to software it only recently
aquired on a platform (the 400) it knows very little about.  Geac
traditionally was a library services company running on non-IBM mainframes.
As I see it, Geac is trying to jump on a perceived cash
cow and milk 'er dry as it were.  Not a good way to win friends and
influence people in my books - especially when those friends are living
just south of the border...

JMHO
Marilyn Jull
Freedom Consulting Services