  • Subject: Re: Fw: JBA Batch Jobs
  • From: Jim Sehi <jsehi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 10:10:05

Thanks for all the research and information!  I was able to finally get it
to work on our end just prior to receiving your feedback.  The current task
for batch allocation on our end (which is not Style) is OE 03 task 3100.
It included an interactive program (to prompt for the stockroom) and a
batch program (which was submitted by AM).

I simply created a new task which was tied to a custom batch CL program.
This CL program set the stockroom to the LDA as expected by OE320CLP (batch
allocation)... then called OE320CLP directly.  It seems to work fine with
the exception that Machine Manager always seems to think the job ends
abnormally.

I have checked the database results, and it seems to work fine!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 08:59 PM 2/4/98 -0500, you wrote:

>----------
>> From: Robert A. Rogerson <rogerson@interlog.com>
>> To: JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com
>> Subject: Re: JBA Batch Jobs
>> Date: Tuesday, February 03, 1998 9:30 PM
>>
>> Hi Jim, back again...
>>
>> I only have access to the style version of the software at present but it
>> should be similar to then base software.  In style the batch allocation
>> program (AP315) is called from the task.  More than likely there is a
>> similar OE315 program.
>>
>> When this task is investigated there is only a interactive program.  This
>> program prompts the user for the desired allocation parameters and then
>> submits the actual batch program AP320CLP (probably OE320CLP with non
>style
>> versions).  As this set up stands the task can not be scheduled.  There
>> must be a batch program in order to schedule the task.
>>
>> In order to allow this job to be scheduled AP315/OE315 requires
>> modification to separate the prompt screen for the submission of the
>batch
>> job.  In our case a new program AP315U was created whi9ch had the sole
>> function of displaying a screen to receive the user's parameters and
>update
>> the LDA with these values.  The actual submission of the batch program
>was
>> moved to the task and AP320CLP/OE320CLP now became the batch job for a
>new
>> task which was created in the customer environment.  Below is a snippet
>of
>> the code modification that was needed to implement the previous steps.
>>
>>      H        1   Y
>>       *****************************************************************
>>       *                                                               *
>>       *  SYSTEM NAME - JBA APPAREL                                    *
>>       *                                                               *
>>       *  PROGRAM NAME - AP315                                         *
>>       *                                                               *
>>       *  WRITTEN BY - G.JOHNSON                                       *
>>       *                                                               *
>>       *  DATE - APRIL 1990                                            *
>>       *                                                               *
>>       *  PROGRAM DESCRIPTION - SELECT FOR BATCH ALLOCATION            *
>>       *                                                               *
>>       *****************************************************************
>>       /EJECT
>>       *****************************************************************
>>       *  MODIFICATION CONTROL    Scan on FIX NO                       *
>>       *  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                         *
>>       *                                                               *
>>       *  FIX NO.   BY    DATE    DESCRIPTION                          *
> [...]
Jim Sehi
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hach Company
5600 Lindbergh Drive