  • Subject: RE: Library List Issues
  • From: Rob Rogerson <rogerson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 18:36:40 -0500

Hi Kathy, I'm not sure if this will be of any help or just restating the
obvious but...
JBA libraries are structured as follows:
OSL - first three characters - (O)lympic (S)oftware Limited
XX - application - (eg. IN - Inventory, WH - Warehouse, SL - Sales Ledger
(Accounts receivable for us North Americans)
D, P, S, or F - one character - (D)isplay, (P)rogram, (S)ource, (F)iles
# - one character - version
Therefore OSLINF3  is the Inventory files library for version three.
OSLWHP3 contains the warehouse programs for version 3.

I can't recall if you are using the Style version or not but JBA has combined a
number of libraries in the style version into OSLD1F3 (Distribution files) and
OSLD2F3(Warehouse files).

There should be no harm in combining libraries but make sure that these changes
are reflect in the Manager400 library lists.  The only real benefit I see to
having multiple libraries is that there are fewer objects, therefore faster
seek time.  This is a good thing but not at the cost of apps not running.

Good luck and if I can be of any assistance let me know.

Robert A. Rogerson

IS Software Ltd.
41 - 180 Forum Drive,   Phone:  (905)507-1089
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada    Fax:    (905)507-9351
L4Z 3Y2                 Email:  rogerson@interlog.com