Here is a link that may help:

http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg060607-story03.html

Scott

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"Casey Saltness" <CSaltness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|<security400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|03/30/2010 01:06 PM |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|[Security400] chgpwd "Name is not valid" |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Sent by: |
|------------>
|security400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've had a user call and complain of F9 password change problems. I've
figured out that she's hitting a road block when using a number as the
leading character in her password. I want to change that sysval to allow
leading numbers. I've found that if I edit that users password in her
usrprf I get the error "Value for new password not allowed at password
level 0." A CLUE!

I change the system value for QPWDLVL (what I think the error just
mentioned points to) to 2- Yet when I edit usrprf and change password I
still get the "Value for new password not allowed at password level 0."
Error. I just changed that sysval to 2.

Does anyone think it requires an IPL for changes to take effect? Am I
changing the correct system value to allow a leading number in a
password?

Casey Saltness