I'd like to use the GSKit API to port the client side of a customer's
application to the 400. The application requires SSL-protected socket
connections between the client and the server.

The IBM site lists the following as SSL prereqs:
[quoting]
SSL Prerequisites:

   - IBM Digital Certificate Manager (DCM), option 34 of OS/400
   (5722-SS1)
   - TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities for iSeries (5722-TC1)
   - IBM HTTP Server for iSeries (5722-DG1)
   - If you are trying to use the HTTP server to use the DCM, ensure that
   you have the IBM Developer Kit for Java(TM) (5722-JV1) installed.
   Otherwise, the HTTP admin server will not start.
   - The IBM Cryptographic Access Provider product, 5722-AC3 (128-bit).
   The bit size for this product indicates the maximum size of the secret
   material within the symmetric keys that can be used in cryptographic
   operations. The size allowed for a symmetric key is controlled by the export
   and import laws of each country. A higher bit size results in a more secure
   connection.
   - You may also want to install cryptographic hardware to use with SSL
   to speed up the SSL handshake processing. See the Cryptographic

hardware<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/info/rzajc/rzajcoverview.htm>information
for available options. If you want to install cryptographic
   hardware, you must also install Option 35, the Cryptographic Service
   Provider.

[end quote]

I don't need to create any certificates on the 400, but I may need to do
cert-based crypto on the client side (hopefully entirely through the GSKit
API) to negotiate the SSL connection with the remote server. Does the DCM
need to be installed in order for the GSKit API to functional at all, or is
the DCM only required when the 400 is creating certificates?

The way I see it, I should really only need TCP/IP and the Crypto Access
Provider, and the GSKit API calls will either exploit hardware crypto or not
based on the features installed on my customer's customer's machine. Is that
correct?

Also, are any of the above components (other than crypto hardware) NOT
included in the base license of V5R3 and above?

Thanks for any help-

-Jared