Matt,

I investigated this a bit with the owners of the IBMJCE component shipped
with i5/OS.

Here's the response:

The IBMJCE maybe a little old on this customer's system.  With the latest
IBMJCE very soon to be released as PTF, when I run this customer's code I
get  32 for both the pre and post sizes.  It should be approved within the
next couple days.  The PTF number is SI18345.  If the customer wants it a
day or two early, I don't have any problem releasing it as a test PTF.

If you need something immediately, contact me offline and I'll connect you
with the component owner.

Patrick Botz
Senior Technical Staff Member
Rochester CTC, eServer Security Architecture & Consulting
iSeries Security Architect
(507) 253-0917, T/L 553-0917
email: botz@xxxxxxxxxx

For more information on CTC, visit our website at
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/services
http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/services

security400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/28/2005 09:36:27 AM:

> Hello,
>
> I have also posted this message to the JAVA 400-L mailing list.  I am
> testing my Java code on the iSeries and continue to run in to a
> persistent issue.  I have made a cryptographic provider for Java as a
> project, and it works perfectly on Windows and z/OS.  However, I run
> into an issue on the iSeries when I attempt to use the AES (Rijndael)
> algorithm.  Here's the code I run:
>
> SecretKeyFactory aesFactory = SecretKeyFactory.getInstance("AES");
> SecretKeySpec x = new SecretKeySpec(aes256Key, 0, 32, "AES");
> System.out.println("Pre  generateSecret() Size: " +
x.getEncoded().length);