Steve,

Suddenly?

As in "It used to work, nothing has changed, and now it doesn't work."

Can you look at the program object and see when it last changed?  I
agree with Phil's analisys of the problem, but wanted to add that this
is not behavior that should magically appear.  If Phil is right, eitehr
the program always has done this, or someone has changed something
recently.

Jte