You can control what users have authority to with an FTP exit pgm.  What
I've done is create an authorization list, then add FTP users to it.  Then,
the various FTP commands are restricted based on the authority the user has
in the authorization list.  If a user tried to CD or LCD to a directory I
don't allow for them, the exit pgm prevents it.

Phil