Hi Anton!  (can't imagine what one could do with "Gombkötö", but maybe
that's a German thing?  Ich spreche Deustch nicht so gut.  I didn't
slaughter that too badly, did I?  <g> )

The CHKOBJ idea:  I might be inclined to use this in a program that
*absolutely* without fail had to finish what it started.  But for the
scenarios I am looking at, I really need to know beforehand that user
ABC can run the program in its entirety before running it.

That's why *I think* I like the USRPRF(*OWNER) approach with programs.
Sure makes it easy as it concerns authorization.  If I can run the whole
program without authority issues, then my worries are over by using
USRPRF(*OWNER).  Rhetorical question: Why not create all applications
this way?  Go ahead, scare me!

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company