Someone here said this - "*SOURCE is NOT compiled into the object" - this is true for non-SQL objects.

Here is Barbara Morris' reply to in a Simon Hutchinson article on this -

Barbara MorrisMarch 21, 2019 at 5:40 AM<https://www.rpgpgm.com/2016/05/debug-views-finding-your-favorite.html?showComment=1553164814476#c8593525661403306991>
Note that while DBGVIEW(*ALL) _initially_ shows the source view, it's not true that it's the same as DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) for CRTBNDxxx or CRTxxxMOD. DBGVIEW(*ALL) gives both the source view and the listing view, and for the RPG commands, it also gives the *COPY view.

For CRTSQLxxxI, DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) gives you the source view for the SQL source, and the DBGVIEW(*ALL) view for the generated source for the target language.

Cheers'
Vern