On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 at 17:02, Tim Adair <tadair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Given the following scenario:
PROGRAM A calls Program B. Program B calls Program C. Program C gets
an error (of any kind).

Is there any way to notify Program A that program C had an error,
without losing my place in program C.

Are the C-level programs running in batch?
Is that why the user needs feedback about what happened?

If you could describe an example of the runtime situation, and one of
the errors you'd like to report back to the user, it might spur more
ideas.
I'm guessing that you're putting some SBMJOB CLs into a menu driver
system, and the 'Job ended abnormally' completion message isn't enough
to help the end user figure out what to do next. If that's the case, I
don't see how to give them better information without changing the
bottom-level RPG code.
--buck