Sam:

I know everything you are saying. This is a test program.

The original program where this error is happening has all those features.

Still get the same error.

Jon Paris sent me this test program.

Did you see my private email to you???

Thomas mobile 469 693 2533

On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 3:20 PM Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see this

dcl-d Animals extname('ANIMALS')
Qualified dim(*Auto : 100); // <<< NOTE *AUTO
end-ds;

dcl-d ?

One trick that I do with SQL and a program does not compile is to change
the type of the program from SQLRPGLE to RPGLE and then do a 15 in PDM to
compile. It won't compile but when you look you will find your other error
that is stopping the program from compiling.

Also, I know that this is a test program but very poor code as example. You
have no error check on open and on the fetch. Must have error checking on
SQL statements except Declare or Close. If you don't you are going to get
silent errors in your code.

EXEC SQL OPEN C1 ;
If SqlState <> SQL_STATE_OK;
// Throw error
EndIf;

exec sql FETCH C1 FOR 100 ROWS
INTO :Animals;
Select;
When SqlState = SQL_STATE_NO_ROW;
Exec Sql Close C1;
When SqlState = SQL_STATE_OK;
// Process rows;
Other;
// Throw error.
EndSl;

Just check SQLCode for non-zero is a bomb waiting to go off.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 1:07 PM Thomas Burrows <