Hi Buck,

Am 19.01.2024 um 19:26 schrieb Buck Calabro:

On 1/19/2024 12:55 PM, smith5646 wrote:
Is there a "threading" process in RPG that would allow the RPG program to
process multiple files at the same time?

Some refactoring, a dataqueue, and you should be good to go.

The data queue or driver file solution would also be an idea - both are very IBM-i-ish solutions to the problem.

I would decide Depending on the staff situation and personal preference.

If this is an IBM i only shop - and there are a lot of IBM I developers supporting the solution in the future - the data queue is a good idea, easy to implement and good enough.

If there are more younger developers who should support the solution in the future - if I like to learn something out-of-my-comfort-zone - then I would probably go the Pthread way - this is very much standard today outside of the IBM i world.

So the decision is really very subjective.

Regards,
Daniel