Tried to see if there was an Fspec option on an OUTPUT file to say
overwrite and I didn't see any. And nothing grabbed me by the gills on
OVRDBF. You might be best off with your proposed solution. Even tried the
following to see if there was some default on an OUTPUT file and ended up
with 10 rows when I ran it twice (even used JHHL rpg):
FT20240111 O E DISK
* create table rob.t20240111 (myts timestamp) RCDFMT R20240111
C 1 DO 5
C EVAL MYTS = %TIMESTAMP()
C WRITE R20240111
C ENDDO
C SETON LR

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 3:24 PM James H. H. Lampert via RPG400-L <