Thanks

On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 10:32 PM Glenn Gundermann <glenn.gundermann@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Thomas,

I'm just turning off the computer right now. I have to wake up early.
Feel free to give me a call 8:30am - 11:30am or 1pm - 5pm EST. We're 1
hour ahead of you, so that's 7:30am - 10:30 or 12pm - 4pm CST.

Yours truly,

Glenn Gundermann
Email: glenn.gundermann@xxxxxxxxx
Cell: (416) 317-3144

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 at 23:25, Thomas Burrows <thomas.burrows.1957@xxxxxxxxx

wrote:

Glenn:

Can I talk with you again? I am not getting the source.

Thomas --- 469 693 2533

On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 10:10 AM Glenn Gundermann <
glenn.gundermann@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Thomas,

It was great to talk to you live this morning. Congratulations on your
team winning the World Series.

Here are the steps I did to download the source:

1. Download the zip file to my pc. For example, the link "XSQL – SQL
scripts with variables" downloaded a zip file named "XSQL_ENG".
2. Extract the zip file contents. For example, "XSQL_ENG.SAVF"
3. On the IBMi, create a save file. For example:
CRTSAVF FILE(THOMAS/XSQL_ENG) TEXT('Download from book')
4. On your pc, open a DOS window and CD to where the contents are. I
downloaded and extracted the contents to my Downloads folder.
CD Downloads
FTP <ip address of your IBM i>
enter user id and password
BIN
FTP xsql_eng.savf thomas/xsql_eng
quit
exit

On the IBM i:

5. Display the save file to see what's in it.
DSPSAVF thomas/xsql_eng
I can see the save file contains one PF named QXSQL_ENG and it was
saved
from library MDUCA1

6. Restore the file.

RSTOBJ OBJ(QXSQL_ENG)
SAVLIB(MDUCA1)
DEV(*SAVF)
SAVF(THOMAS/XSQL_ENG)
MBROPT(*ALL)
RSTLIB(THOMAS)

This will restore the source pf named QXSQL_ENG.

Hope this helps.

Yours truly,

Glenn Gundermann
Email: glenn.gundermann@xxxxxxxxx