What was the solution?

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 11:53 AM Jason Olson <josys36@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Never mind. I figured it out.

On 7/25/23 11:33, Jason Olson wrote:
I'm trying to use regular expressions to validate that an IP address
is valid.

When I do this,

exec sql
select
REGEXP_COUNT('192.168.140.230', :ip_regex)
into :count from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1;

It's working fine. However, if I use a variable to hold the IP address
it fails. I've tried char fields and varchar fields and it always
fails. This is on 7.3.

--
Jason E. Olson
IBM i / Python Engineer/Developer