Catching up on replies to my original post.

I ended up just using Nodejs for this
I was thinking I may have to go the route of some other language. I was
hoping to stick with RPGLE since that is what this service is written in
currently.

What is the algorithm used to sign this JWT?
RS256 -- RSA with SHA-256
Are you using public or private key?
public key
What format is the key?
I'm not sure the name of the format, but is the one with ----BEGIN
CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----
Are you using a keystore file?
PEM or DER/BER format?
no file

ILEastic
I looked at this but it only supports HS256

As an outline, I'm testing with constants assigned to UTF8 variables in
RPGLE. I was trying DATA0100, ALGD0400 and KEYD0600 as the formats for
those structures.
ALGD0400 has Algorithm set to 50 and SigningAlgorithm set to 3

Brian