When using SND-MSG also take a look at the %TARGET function.

[1]%TARGET
(program-or-procedure [2]apple-touch-icon.png
{ : offset } )
ibm.com

You can send the *ESCAPE message explicitly to a special target - default
is *CALLER. But if you want to make sure, the your program is aborted, you
maybe want to send the message further up into the call stack - like this:
     snd-msg *ESCAPE ‘Abort!’
                      %target(psds.pgm:2);
where ‘psds.pgm’ is the program name subfield of the program status data
structure.
This would send the message to the caller of your “main program” -
“jumping” over the PEP.
SND-MSG and %TARGET are incredibly powerful - but always keep in mind,
that you can catch those messages with MONITOR/ON-ERROR/ON-EXCP or MONMSG
at the intended target.
HTH
Daniel
Von meinem iPhone gesendet