IBM considers a view "performance neutral".

They neither improve or hurt performance. (And if you ever hit a case were
they are not, a PMR would be in order)

If the SQE has to re-optimize, I suppose there must be a small hit while it
looks up the SQL statement in the view. But that would be pretty
insignificant.

Charles