Hi,

The example which I posted in my last post for Display file was like below:-

in DDS of Display file:-

FLD1 1 B 7 40
FLD2 2 0B 8 40

Thanks

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 at 17:32, jerry ven <jerryven95@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Both of these two newly introduced fields should allow input values in it
from this 3rd screen here.

Thanks

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 at 17:10, Jim Hawkins <jhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Regards,

Jim Hawkins
Programmer Analyst
Interkal LLC
Kalamazoo, MI

message: 1
date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 01:25:00 +0530
from: jerry ven <jerryven95@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: equivalent data type for packed field in Display file

it appears when fields on SDA are defined directly then with EXFMT it
behaves differently compared to the fields which have been defined in the
DDS of the Display file using REFFLD?

As When this field is displayed on screen and when some value is placed
from the screen in to it it and then after pressing enter and once it's
prompted to check what was entered in this field is displayed or not it
does not show the entered values whereas the other field which is defined
using REFFLD inside DDS of Display file shows the values in the same way
when value is entered in it.

Why is it so different here?
[Jim Hawkins] Is one defined as B (both input and output) and the other
as O (output only)? The example you gave the other day showed the field as
a O.

Thanks

message: 3
date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 23:17:59 +0000
from: Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: equivalent data type for packed field in Display file

Have you tried RDi screen designer? Honestly, I jumped on it and loved
it. Screens and reports both. You couldn't make me use RLU under threat
of death though.
Yeah, SDA is/was comfortable but the benefits of RDi are really worth it.

[Jim Hawkins] Pre-RDI I used to use a spreadsheet then enter the data
into the DDS specs or, for a narrower report, define the report using SDA,
then after I saved it convert the source type from DSPF to PRTF, there were
a few tweaks that were needed, but much better than RLU.

at https://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.